Friday, April 13, 2012

"BABY SEALS CRY." (MY POEM)

"BABY SEALS CRY."  (MY POEM)

Listen now to these words, for my tears will sour...
Today and at this hour, somewhere in the North Pole,
A trail of blood is left on the ice floes,
Baby Seals cry for their moms with their rhyming souls.
I cry aloud to the Lord writing my words out.
My heart bleeds drifting heartaches in the mist,
When I am watching the dying baby seals.
This cruel practice must soon end.
With pain and blood's shed, I shall never deal.

The Humane Society of the U.S. is doing its best
Trying to protect endangered species on this Earth.
Living species have their rights to live.
Conservation is the key for survival in birth.

I do not understand why humans kill.
To save the world, Lord, I say my prayers.
I lay my living words on Your Almighty feet, if You care.
Please dear God, change the world for the better,
For this inner pain, I -no longer- bear.

If you still love to listen to the serenade of seal pups at dawn,
With the wrinkled sea beneath the early sun,
If you still love to see them alive crawling in the snow,
These white furry friendly pups are just like warm cotton balls.
You can certainly make a difference in their young lives...
Let us join together to save them!! Let us make the calls!!

Oh, Lord!! Hear my heartbeats for the baby seals!!
I believe in the power of prayers, in the power of Your love,
It indeed, unfolds before my eyes.
I shall soar like an eagle, for Your Holy Spirit leads me on,
To reach Your heart, Lord, where I truly belong.

Author: Poet & Song-Writer Starry Dawn.

No comments: